We recently added a Blue Yeti USB microphone to our studio setup for recording podcasts and videos. But it continued to have an issue with humming/buzzing that we couldn’t pin down via the software settings.
As it turns out, the issue was actually an easy and cheap one to fix, and it had nothing to do with the software settings. The problem was the Blue Yeti desk stand.
Products mentioned in the video:
- Audacity (free)
- NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand (affiliate link)
- 3/8” Female To 5/8″ Male Threaded Screw Adapter For Microphone Stand (affiliate link)
- Neewer NW(B-3) 6-inch Studio Microphone Mic Round Shape Wind Pop Filter Mask Shield with Stand Clip (affiliate link)
- Tetra-Teknica Essentials Series XLWS-1P Extra Large Microphone Windscreen (affiliate link)
- Blue Yeti USB Microphone (affiliate link)